The development of the WiKissMe2 started just couple of weeks ago.
WiKissMe2 is complete rewrite, from scratch.
Here is a short extract from the About page …
WiKissMe is a wiki-style content management and publishing system that uses file system as data storage.
The text content is converted into HTML (or other formats) using very simple Formatting_Rules.
The text content and media are stored as files in one folder (or multiple folders) in the file system.
The source code repository is Mercurial/Hg hosted at Bitbucket at https://bitbucket.org/boyanov/wikissme2.
The changes are posted on the Twitter account at http://twitter.com/wikissme.
More coming soon …
There is new WiKissMe release 0.7.5alpha available for download at https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikissme/files/.
One of the notable additions is the MoBissMe theme (previously available with a development snapshot) intended for mobile devices.
Here are some of the significant changes:
* Changed global and template variable names: DEBUG to DEBUG_MESSAGES_HTML,
WIKI_TITLE to SITE_TITLE, MENU to PAGE_MENU,
WIKI_VERSION to WIKISSME_VERSION, HISTORY_LINK to HISTORY_LINK_HTML,
PAGE_TIME to PAGE_DATEMODIFIED, RECENT to RECENTCHANGES_LINK_HTML,
HOME to HOME_LINK_HTML, HELP to HELP_LINK_HTML, ERROR to ERROR_MESSAGES_HTML,
EDIT to EDIT_LINK_HTML, PAGE_TITLE_BRUT to PAGE_TITLE_HTML,
DATE to SERVER_DATETIME, IP to SERVER_REMOTEADDR,
COOKIE to ERASECOOKIE_LINK_HTML.
* Added more comments in the code.
* Added global/template variables:
* Added to the request parameter theme to override the config.
* Reformatting code, for consistency.
* Added to the generated HTML new styles and more attributes.
* Changed style of generated HTML code.
* Changed and improved paragraphs handling.
* Changed the link handling routines.
* Added more and updated existing localization labels.
* Fixed typos in the comments.
* Added more comments in the code.
* Refactoring - variable names for consistency.
* The template TOC tag PAGE_TOC is now replaced in the TOC plugin.
* Added to the reposotory file.php and image.php to handle files and images.
* Rewritten template to use more DIV's instead of tables.
* Rewritten stylesheet to use new templates.
* The original (Lion-like) theme renamed to "origilion".
* Added new theme "mobissme" intended for mobile devices.
* Added to the themes new images.
New development snapshot was released today at https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikissme/.
One of the interesting new things is the originally designed WiKissMe Theme of which a screenshot is available here. It is light weight, uses mostly DIV’s & almost nowhere tables, and most importantly it does not have images in the design except for the logo (top-left) and the label (top-right). There are some issues with that theme, especially with IE6, but that;s work improgress and will be improved. So far it works well for FireFox and Opera.
Another change in the themes side is that the original LionWiki theme derivative was moved to the “origlion” theme/folder and it’s been re-done using DIV’s instead of tables.
There’s is of course a lot more in the the recent source code, but it will be announced in the CVS release, hopefully soon. Keep in mind that Development Snapshots are just a copy of the source code from a developer’s machine with removed some private info, the changes made in the code are not committed in the CVS repository and the CHANGES file is not updated.
Files are available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikissme/files/ – wikissme_20091018150709.tar.gz.